Happy New Year!
December was busy for me. First, it was work with PlayStation Experience. I wrote about my free time at the event here, including a couple demos I played! Then, it was nerding out to all the things I had missed earlier in the year. I played a dating sim game with my family called Regency Love, tore through Rise of the Tomb Raider, and started digging in to EVE Online, among other things.
Now that it’s a new year, I have a few resolutions on my plate. Some of them are about writing, including my blog here.
I’d like to spend more time on the website in general and improve my social media presence. Last year, I started a Facebook page for the blog but am still figuring out how to handle it. I also had a lot of personal things going on last year, which were good things but kept me busy and away from my blog for weeks at a time. There’s really no excuse for that.
Even when I went long stretches without posting, I never intended to abandon the site; it’s a big part of my schedule and life these days. Robo♥beat is my baby, like a little corner of the internet where I can share my thoughts on my favorite things and connect with others who have the same interests. I appreciate every single person who comes and checks out a post, leaves a like or comment, or even follows the blog. When I started it, I really didn’t expect anyone to read it, so it’s exciting to have met so many awesome bloggers and gamers through this experience.
This year, I’d love to be able to put more time into Robo♥beat and ideally grow it. That starts with a regular posting schedule, so I’ll start by posting at least three times a week for the next two months. It’s a little crazy (for me) but I’ve already been gearing up with a more frequent posting schedule the past month. =)
Anyway, here’s what’s on my gaming plate for the next few months!
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: I’ve been playing this game for the past couple weeks and love it so far. Solving tombs is addicting.
- Dragon Age Inquisition: I got a Dragon Age Inquisition strategy guide for Christmas, which I’ll be using to finally explore this (limited) open world game! I’ve never used a guide to play through a game before, so I’ll let you know how it goes. I’ll also be posting a game log recording my experiences!
- EVE Online: I’ve been playing EVE Online a little this winter, but to be honest, I think I really need a better gaming computer. My laptops overheat really fast, making the experience really challenging. But the EVE universe is cool so far, and I love my new character. =)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: Finally going to wrap up this mammoth! I love this game and sunk about 60 hours into it for work, but now I’m playing it for fun and want to see how it ends. I literally have dreams about this game, it’s so good.
- Mass Effect Trilogy: I’ll be replaying the Mass Effect trilogy and creating a game log for that, too. This time, I want to romance Kaidan all the way through! Never done that before.
- Spec Ops: The Line: This one was recommended by fellow blogger Simpleek. Ever since she posted about playing it, I’ve been wanting to pick it up so I finally rented it. I’ve been getting into shooters this past year, so maybe I’ll enjoy it more now than I would have in the past — though I’m really playing it for the amazing story I’m told it has!
Expect lots of posts about these games coming up! Hope you all had a happy holiday season and New Year’s. =)